Double Civil Registry Entry

Dear Atty. Duran-Schulze,

Hi attorney, I just want to inquire about the double entry of my birth certificate with the PSA. I am concerned that my records would be mixed up since I have two entries with the PSA. Do we have any remedies for this? What should I do? Do I need a lawyer? 


Dear Trisha, 

In cases of double or multiple registrations of registry entries i.e., certificate of live birth, with the PSA, the first or earlier date of registration shall prevail and must be issued to the concerned person requesting such registry entry.

Your remedy in this kind of situation is to have one registry entry canceled by filing a Petition for Cancellation of Civil Registry Entry before the Regional Trial Court that has jurisdiction over the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where your certificate of live birth is registered, ie. where you were born.

You will need the assistance of a lawyer to represent you in court.

Need further information and assistance?  Talk to our Legal team at Duran & Duran-Schulze Law. Call us today at (+632) 478 5826 or send an email to for more information.

Check out this videos to know more:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *