Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Spousal Visa

A Temporary Resident  Visa (TRV) in the Philippines is available to a foreign national whose country does not have an existing reciprocity agreement in the Philippines but has contracted a valid marriage, recognized by Philippine laws, with a Filipino citizen.


The TRV is issued to (a) restricted nationals who are legally married to Filipino citizens; and (b) their unmarried children under 21 years old, to legally live in the Philippines.


Documentary Requirements


  1. Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the applicant and the petitioner;
  2. Duly accomplished CGAF for Non-Immigrant Visa;
  3. Photocopy of passport bio-page and latest admission with valid authorized stay (at least 30 days from date of filing);
  4. Birth Certificate of the petitioning Filipino spouse or certified true copy of BI-issued Identification Certificate (IC) as Filipinocitizen of the petitioning Filipino spouse;
  5. Marriage Certificate or Marriage Contract; 
  6. Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance, if application is filed six (6) months or more from the date of first arrival in the Philippines; 
  7. BI Clearance Certificate; and 
  8. Original or certified true copy of Bureau of Quarantine Medical Clearance, if applicant is a national of any of the countries listed under Annex “A” of Immigration Operations Order No. SBM-14-059-A who arrived in the Philippines on or after June 2014.


A TRV is valid for a probationary period of one (1) year, and is extendable every two (2) years at the Bureau of Immigration.


Note that it is recommended that the applicant must have continuous physical presence in the Philippines during the visa processing period to avoid the need for re-validation. The applicant must also have a valid Philippine visa (i.e tourist visa) for at least one (1) month upon application for TRV. 


Benefits of a TRV holder


  • TRV period can be extended for a period of every two (2) years
  • Can obtain employment in the Philippines
  • Can lease real property
  • Can own personal property
  • Can qualify for Filipino citizenship after five years of residence in the country


Need further information and assistance regarding TRV Visa Assistance?  Talk to our Visa team at Duran & Duran-Schulze Law to know more about the requirements and process. Call us today at (+632) 8478 5826 or send an email to info@duranschulze.com for more information.

Check out this video/s to know more:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *